**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2/2n TIGERCAT - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Could have cut them at the base and twisted them to the correct pitch. A PITA but can be done.

Andy, another problem also... the actual front face of the blade is thinned to the trailing edge profile while the rear face has the rounded front face profile...so they really screwed the pooch on this one...

Thanks guys I did order the props but got a call from LHS saying there having no luck locating them. did start doing some painting with a satin finish clear any thoughts on this.

002-46.jpg

003-35.jpg

Looking good so far.
Hannant's might have the props you need - shipping from them (in UK) to USA normally takes around 5 to 9 days, depending on which day the order is placed (weekends in the middle account for the longer delivery).

When I get around to tackling this kit I plan on cutting the domes off and repositioning them on the other side, then sanding the blades and calling it good. If you are going to replace the props when you find the right ones, just press fit the kit props on for now.
Color looks great!

Thanks guys, color is on a couple more late nights it will be done i will use the boxs prop for now aint it fun waiting till the last few days to finish.

Hannant's might have the props you need - shipping from them (in UK) to USA normally takes around 5 to 9 days, depending on which day the order is placed (weekends in the middle account for the longer delivery).

Unfortunately foreign orders need to be 40.00+. This stops me from ordering at times when I need small things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back