**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk 75N Royal Thai AF 1940 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have photos of a reprodution that was at the Lone Star Flight Museum with the same markings. I will have to get them scaned so I can post them.

DBII

Thanks a lot guysI think the PE belts look better Bill, I'm just cheep! :lol:

Still just as fiddly though.
b0204.gif

Worked more on the cockpit tonight.
Picture 1) Finished up the control panel and added the fuel tank valve made from thin plastic sheet at the lower left side of the panel, then added the gun butts which are visible on either side if the upper panel.
Picture 23) The interior of Early P-36/Hawk75s was not painted so I painted it with various shades of silver followed by a black wash and picked out the details in black. The actual cockpit was rather sparse so there wasn't much to add, but I did make up new throttle quadrant levers on the left side and a new handle for the canopy crank, all made from thin wire with a drop of white glue for the knobs.
Picture 4) The cockpit floor is actually the top of the wing and there is a ridge with many bolts running down the center. I made it from thin plastic but left the bolts out as they were too small to replicate. The main fuel tank is in the wing at that point and the fuel gage is mounted on the floor so I made that up from a cut piece of sprue. The seat is not glued yet and will be mounted later in the build.
Picture 5) Finished the evening by gluing the fuselage halves together.

PB296032.JPG
PB296034.JPG
PB296036.JPG
PB296039.JPG
PB296040.JPG

Last edited:
Great choice! I love these glimpses into almost forgotten history. I recently saw a photo of a Ki-43 in Indo China (with French markings over the Japanese ) just after the war and I want to model this airplane.

Nice work. Glenn, I have some color photos I would like to send you by email. The photos are on a cd. The computers at the college has a photo editor but will not take a cd. The computer at the library will take the cd but there is no photo editor. The only thing I can post is a huge picture.

DBII

Thanks for the comments guys :)
Great choice! I love these glimpses into almost forgotten history. I recently saw a photo of a Ki-43 in Indo China (with French markings over the Japanese ) just after the war and I want to model this airplane.
I like to do models of something just a little different. Keeps things interesting.

Nice work. Glenn, I have some color photos I would like to send you by email. The photos are on a cd. The computers at the college has a photo editor but will not take a cd. The computer at the library will take the cd but there is no photo editor. The only thing I can post is a huge picture. DBII
I've sent you a PM David

Ahoy Glenn
Hardy well done on the instrument panel. looks like a millian bucks, Very Very nice indeed.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back