**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk 75N Royal Thai AF 1940 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wings on, tail on, landing gear spat seams cleaned up and ready to mount.

PC096061.JPG

Last edited:
I needed the height of the rear fuselage spine for pulling strength, but it was to the rear of a straight line between the wing tips, so I came up with the string. I found that it made putting tension on the wing easier too, put the tape at the wing tip over the string on loosely and just pull the end of the string, then press the tape. Besides that blue painters tape is expensive! :lol:

That bad boy is starting to shape up!

Love the christmas avi T. ;)

I needed the height of the rear fuselage spine for pulling strength, but it was to the rear of a straight line between the wing tips, so I came up with the string. I found that it made putting tension on the wing easier too, put the tape at the wing tip over the string on loosely and just pull the end of the string, then press the tape. Besides that blue painters tape is expensive! :lol:

Still a good solution old chap.

I found some more inaccuracies to correct.
Picture 1 is the area of the lowerfuselagee behind the wing. It looked like it had a lot more detail then the kit.
After some searching I found Picture 2.
Picture 3 is that area on the same kit that I made some years ago and as you can see, it isn't even close.
Picture 4 is the Hawk 75N after my corrections.

w_hawk75_thai_71.jpg
39369.jpg
PC106062.JPG
PC106065.JPG

Last edited:
Last few days I've been working to get the first of the paint on which first required a lot of sanding and polishing and some work to the joint between the landing gear and the wing.
Pictures 1 2 show what it looked like before, and pictures 3 4 after.
Pictures 5 6 show it now after the bottom paint was sprayed. I used an old bottle of MM Light Ghost Grey I had. It looked like a pretty good match and was still good after at least 15 years.

PC166101.JPG
PC166103.JPG
PC166100.JPG
PC166102.JPG
PC176104.JPG
PC176107.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back