**** DONE: 1/48 Hawk 75N Royal Thai AF 1940 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great job on the little things. Seat and panel are a beauty of a start.
Tail wheel housing and the front leg covers, great stuff your doing to them......

nice job!
I found some more inaccuracies to correct.
Picture 1 is the area of the lowerfuselagee behind the wing. It looked like it had a lot more detail then the kit.
After some searching I found Picture 2..
They are the doors for the two flares (behind pilot' seat)
On the H75 A1, 2, these doors opens towards the rear

Last edited:
Thanks Waroff, I never knew that.
Hunting around the internet today I finally found pictures of the actual aircraft I'll be depicting. They don't really help with the camo pattern much though. I've been working on drawings of the pattern based on some profiles with a lot of imagination for the top view as there is nothing depicting it that I could find. I'll post the drawing when I finish it and solve a problem with my scanner.

Hawk 75N of the 5th Wing_ based at Prachuab Kirikhand in 1941-2-ww2shots-air force.jpg
Hawk 75N of the 5th Wing_ based at Prachuab Kirikhand in 1941-ww2shots-air force.jpg

Last edited:
My vacation time is almost done, but I managed to complete the camo on the Hawk75 before it was over.
The first 4 pictures are a sequence of shots taken over several days showing the masking and painting of the camo, followed by a couple of shots of the finished paint. The last shot also shows the marked up sheets I used for a painting guide.

PC276138.JPG
PC276140.JPG
PC286168.JPG
PC286170a.JPG
PC286171.JPG
PC286173.JPG
PC286176.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back