**** DONE: 1/48 hawker typhoon IB early - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks guys.

Yesterday, I got the decals from poland, I emerged relatively very cheap less than 11 €, are Techmod as comment, are quite bright but that is solved with klear coats, I put some images of them.

reguardo017_zps8cacde1b.jpg

reguardo018_zpscef2e823.jpg

reguardo019_zpsac22301d.jpg

Be carefull of these decals. I would suggest applying a thin clear coat overall on each decal sheet top. It can prevent against cracking of decal markings. The Techmod decals are nice rather but sometimes these markings can break up when soaking because of a fragility of paints and varnishes used for printing.

Last edited:
good to know, as I have decals fixer give you a hand you over before using them, thanks for the warning ....

Yep... the main problem with The Techmod decals is that they make these sheets periodically. Most of them are quite old issues and storage for a very long time often . So colours used for printing became very fragile. These that are quite "fresh" products keep their quality for some time. Then they become dry and getting worse. I think this is caused by the glue that bulges soaking with water and rends the decal markings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning Wojtek. I recently bought two or three sets of Techmod decals for my mini Luftwaffe - they look OK, but I'll be giving them a clear coat first!

without complicating much more, the plane would have very little desgate inside, a bit of cake on the inside to make faint markings

IMG_0455_zps4f901c59.jpg

IMG_0453_zps217a41e9.jpg

now started to finish painting the pieces that go inside and to the radiator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back