**** DONE: 1/48 HH-60H HS-4 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys..... "old Bill" has a spinning head this evening. You will notice on one side of the tail boom, a NAVY is missing! Seems the bloody thing had a crack in the carrier and the N dropped to one side. I tried re-wetting to get it to move, but alas, nada. So I had to remove it in total, and wouldn't you guess, no second one for a replacement. So I gotta bloody well find another sheet of decals so I can use the NAVY from it. But I have all of them down, and would spray a flat coat, but I cannot until I get a replacement down. So ahunting I will go.

The rotor blades have a flat clear coat on them, you can see how nice it is. It's Tamiya TS-80 spray can flat clear. Now, I will say this..... If anyone is having a devil of a time with flat coating, I suggest trying this Tamiya spray. It works a treat. Does not take much and is gives such an even coat..... wow.

So now I gotta find that sheet of decals....... But then a couple of days in finishing what's not attached.

Attachments

• HH-60H 31e deckles.jpg
    HH-60H 31e deckles.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
  • HH-60H 31d deckles.jpg
    HH-60H 31d deckles.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 70
  • HH-60H 31c deckles.jpg
    HH-60H 31c deckles.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 52
  • HH-60H 31b deckles.jpg
    HH-60H 31b deckles.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 47
  • HH-60H 31a deckles.jpg
    HH-60H 31a deckles.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 45
Nice work Bill. If you can't find the correct decals, have you thought of making your own? Easy to do for lettering such as this, on the computer, then print onto the relevant clear decal sheet (ink jet or laser printer).

Thanks guys.... I think I have lost the overall look of the bird because the innerds are all taped up and can't see in.

Dingo's dangles???? You been readin comic books again? Hehe.
Decals are on their way!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.... I think I have lost the overall because the innerds are taped up.

Dingo's dangles???? You been readin comic books again? Hehe.
Decals are on their way!
Why, no. Is that the name of an Aussie comicbook superhero?
'Cause if it ain't, it would be a good one.
And his trusty side-kick, "The Roo Wrangler"

I think it would be "the Roo Wrangler and side kick Dingo Dangles"!
His Dingo would chase down them pesky feral rabbits and cats!
DD would just Spot the cane toads, he'd know better than chomp onto one-o-them!

Them dingos dangles (or whatever) is looking good Old Bill and glad you got the decal sorted. If your desperate though I think I've still got some of the low vis you sent me sculling about. Just give me the nod if needed.

Thanks for the offer Vic. It's the word NAVY, and it was so stuck on I don't think I could get the other side off to change both.
I have another sheet on the way and will get them on ASA I get them.

Today I gave the little sticky outy thingies a coat of paint so they are ready to go on as soon as I get the flat coat over the new decal......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back