**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For Dale's benefit, this is the Revell box top, a re-boxing of the excellent Hasegawa kit, at half the price! Not sure if it's still current, but they pop up all the time on that auction site - got mine for about £12 if memory serves.

Attachments

• Buys 217.jpg
    Buys 217.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 72
Hey, Terry,
Thank you! I just checked ebay with no luck, but I saved off the image and I will keep watching ebay. I appreciate you taking the time to upload the image. Now, Wayne, get cracking! I really, really want to see your magic worked to the end.
Dale

Thanks Guys...

I hear ya Dale...got the control surfaces back in place, yesterday starboard side and port side today, each side drilled and pinned with Brass rod and superglue, so all i have to do now is blend them right and clean up for some painting....pics tomorrow...

Me too!
Funny, I mask my canopy parts Before attaching. I find it easier to manipulate in my hands rather than on "de plane".

Nice work Wayne. Still gotta week!

Thanks Guys

Bill for me it depends on the aircraft and the fit of the canopy as to whether I fit and mask or mask, paint then fit...I do prefer the latter most of the time.

ok them shots of the control surfaces re-fitted and the first paint splashed on...the RLM02 on the canopy which will then be covered by the camo and the white fuselage band.
Also shots showing the bit of cardboard i used against the frame for painting the 02 rather than mask everything...

Attachments

• 51_Control Surfaces fitted_1087.jpg
    51_Control Surfaces fitted_1087.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 52_Control Surfaces fitted_1089.jpg
    52_Control Surfaces fitted_1089.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 53_Canopy Painting_1098.jpg
    53_Canopy Painting_1098.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 54_Canopy Painting_1101.jpg
    54_Canopy Painting_1101.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 55_First Paint_1092.jpg
    55_First Paint_1092.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 58
Coming together nicely Wayne.
Dale, King Kit in the UK have three of the Revell kits in stock, pre-owned, at £14.99 each (about $25). (Pre owned are all checked and complete, normally from collections or bankrupt stock). I'd guess shipping to the 'States would be around $15. The Hasegawa kit is £40, or roughly $65, at retail prices.

Hey, Wayne,
Damn pretty work there, buddy. I am looking forward to the final sprint to the end. BTW, that is me behind you panting away as I race to the end as well.

Terry, thank you for the information. Let me check into that. However, with about 60 kits on the shelf, I am telling myself no more until I get 2-3 built. Let's see, build 2-3, buy 12 more, build 2-3, buy 12 more........ guess the kids will be fighting over the collection after I on the back side of the grass.

Grrrrrrrrrr, just bought one, Terry. You are a bad, bad, bad influence. Bad man, bad man, bad man..... ;)

Dale

Last edited:
Thanks Guys....got some done today but no where near enough...did the lower surface RLM65 and found a couple of areas that needed attention so i also then decided to add the control surface linkages which I was going to add in the final stages. I then did most of the upper surface RLM71 until i got some soreness and cramping in my arm for some strange reason, decided then and there that i could not continue painting so that ended the days modelling of some 3-4 hours...
i still need to finish the 71, add the 70 over this, redo the 65 and then add the Brown 79 or italian colour? over the Greens, paint the prop and spinner plus a bunch of other things.....
I am now resigned to not getting done by close next Sunday...I will need an additional week to get done, too many days lost over the past month...and I know I will be pretty busy this coming week too...I will keep pushing along none the less...

Well, if things go the way they normally seem to go in GBs Wayne, there might be an extension to the GB - but only if you say 'pretty please', and get Jan to buy the beer for the next month .............

... and get Jan to buy the beer for the next month .............

Well, so much for that idea!

Sorry to hear Wayne but it's never worth rushing. I think I'll get "Fire Ball" done - just.

Just a note to take a look at the spinner in this picture posted in another thread. Also, seems to be a lot of wear on the prop blades.

stukasnake4.jpg

It will be a shame you're not going to make the finish Wayne, this would have made a lovely addition to the line up. But as Andy says, no point in rushing.

here are yesterdays pics....with most of the 71 on...

today I took my airbrush to work and hoped for a window of opportunity......and got it...30 minutes uninterrupted.....so I finished the fuselage and cowling RLM 71, still got to do the leading edge of the wings, ran out of time...

Attachments

• 56_RLM76 Initial cover_1108.jpg
    56_RLM76 Initial cover_1108.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 57_RLM71 Started_1103.jpg
    57_RLM71 Started_1103.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 58_RLM71 Started_1105.jpg
    58_RLM71 Started_1105.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back