**** DONE: 1/48 Ju88G-6 of 3/NJG 101 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys. Had a celebratory 2 fingers of The Macallan instead.

Herewith some detail shots showing how things look with the masks removed and a lot of gunk applied for weathering. The canopy received the faired covering for the the Naxos unit and the RLM76 framing was gven a quick brush of Future as they looked too flat or my liking. The prop has been installed temporarily for this picture.

16030401.jpg

The Peilgerät antenna came out really nice. The clear part was such a snug fit that no glue was needed.

16030402.jpg

Another closeup of the canopy from behind. It's almost like there is a static charge on the inside of the glazing that is attracting dust. I already poked around in there through the crew hatch with a bendable fuzzy stick. Looks like I will need to do more.

16030403.jpg

The starboard engine nacelle got a subtle treatment of black pastel on the panel lines and at the edges of the flaps.

16030404.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of the finished weathering on the underside. Mud splatters were achieved by taking the cone off of my airbrush and shooting straight through the nozzle. Heavy exhaust staining was chosen and I initially sprayed some dark brown then followed that up with black. Streaks of black pastels along panel lines and behind access panels completed the effects.

16030405.jpg

16030406.jpg

Finally, here's the tail wheel behind which appear more mud splatters. Off to the sides can be seen more exhaust staining across the horizontal stabs.

16030407.jpg

It's going to be very tight for a Sunday completion as I have to get the radar antennae sorted and other details added and I have few hours to spare with a lot of other stuff going on so we'll see if I can make the deadline.

Andy, you make a excellent job!!!!!!.

I repaint do to raise my plane so that it will not look as bad painted

excellent jod

That's a real Beaut Andy, and sure to get a good placing in a comp.
As we judges don't seem to get around to doing the scoring immediately a GB is finished, then I'm sure a few more days would allow you to get her completed without rushing - if that's OK with the other judges and members ?

Looking great Andy! I like the differences in all three of the Ju88G's in this GB. Your weathering looks spot-on. I have no objections with providing an extension for this GB.

Thanks all. No pics at this point. All I managed to get done this weekend was to build the radar antennae which I'll show the next time I get more done. Guess I missed the deadline and thanks, Terry, for suggesting an extension. I should be able to get it done by this coming Friday evening. Progress on the model was replaced this weekend by installation of hardwood flooring and cabinetry in my home. I hope to get some more done on the model tomorrow evening so see you then.

Bit of progress to report:

New antennae fabricated from the earlier-shown brass dipoles, plastic rod (white) and rounded ends and connectors cut from the kit parts (grey). Awaiting installation and paint.
16030701.jpg

The MG had been cut earlier to allow the inner portion to be completed with the canopy and to prevent the outer part from being broken repeatedly. In this series of pics, we start with the cut end and then the installed barrel and sight.

16030702.jpg
16030703.jpg
16030704.jpg

The radio mast broke on me about half way up and I'll disguise this a bit with some patchy RLM83.

Never been closer to finishing.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back