**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again for the kind comments folks, really is appreciated. Got the undercoat on today and found a couple of spots needing attention, filler is now drying and cleanup scheduled for tomorrow.

Patience my boy!!!!!.................Got the underside sprayed today and a couple of white bands behind the cockpit. Lots of social stuff at the moment so progress is slow.

Time for a bit of a catch-up, have not been able to progress much on the La-5 as I'm now waiting for paint to arrive we can pull out the stops. So far have sprayed the underside with a close approximation to ATM 7 and the upper half with the base camo coat. As you can see the underside and canopy is well masked up.

110412-1A.jpg

I have to agree with you Karl, it's Vallejo Model Air acrylic and I'm very pleased with the result. Sprays on like a dream leaving a nice smooth almost silky finish and cleaning the airbrush after is a doddle with Windex....
happy-111.GIF

Can agree with you on the white in fact I used the off white paint on this but sprayed after thinning it with a drop of Vallejo thinner. Can't see it as yet as its taped over. As for the metallic Karl, up to now I've only used them for very small parts mainly as a shade difference and with a brush. Normally for metallic I use Model master or the dreaded Humbrol.

Wow Vic looking wonderful as usual :thumbleft: I have not been poking my head in as much as I should I just have no dog in this hunt.Fantastic work.Cheers

Well the appropriate paint is still on it's way and the Aussie supply scource can give me no indication as to when I will get it, if ever so as an alternative I ordered in direct from the UK an acceptable alternative and these arrived mid week and today has been 'spray day'.

110423-1A.jpg

My little Lavochkin all dressed up in my speciality masking of tape, Blu Tack and paper and all ready for the beauty parlour after the foundation coat was applied some weeks ago.

110423-1B.jpg

Believe it or not, the second coat has been applied, a simple light brown shade. The light is kind of cancelled the colour out.

110423-1C.jpg

After more masking the third coat a light green shade is now on.

110423-1D.jpg

After removing all the gunk, this is the final cameo look. A little touch–up here and there and we can start the final run to the finish line. Am I right in assuming that we still have one more month to go on this GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back