**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo , take a longer piece of a sprue and warm it up above a burning candel. When it's very soft stretch it . You can make sticks of many different diameters including sticks of the hairbreadth.

Thanks Wojtek, I'll try that if this doesn't work, though in the past I have had problems with diameter consistency and thank you David. Looky what I found that isn't mentioned in the instructions...

009.JPG

...there's only two so I'll use them as a template as well as these for the longer side antenna, minus the loop...

008.JPG

Geo

The Future should prevent the clouding - one of its claims to fame and successfully proven a couple of times by me.

Looks like you're in for a treat with those antennae Geo. I saw this at last year's Western Canadian Regional where someone did a pretty convincing scratch build of a similar setup:

13060905.jpg

Thank you gentlemen. This is my test shot and it went far easier than expected. I used the pin to put an indent in the rod to give the drill something to bite on. Instead of fishing line, I'll use fine wire. That way, if the hole is a bit off, I can still bend the wire to line things up. Consistency will be the key here...

002.JPG

That's it for me people, camp bus in 5hrs. Have a good rest of your week.

Geo

Last edited:
Very nice detailing George.
I usually leave the small windows out and then do them with Micro Kristle Klear when the paint and decals are done. The thin film looks a lot better than the thick clear plastic. It works wit windows up to 1/4" x 1/4". I've even gotton away with a bit larger.
I have one of those magnifying lights too, but about a year ago the pin that fits in the clamp base somehow road up in the hole and the weight of the lamp bent it so now It won't fit in the base. Can't straighten out the pin because its made of 2 pieces of stamped steel and was mangled pretty good. Must think of another way to make it work because I sure miss that light.

Thank you gentlemen. My lamp is very wobbly now Glenn so I'll have to check it out when I get home. I might be able to get by with the clear on a couple of windows. I'll check that as well. Back to work, guarding for a blast right now....Ka-freakin' BOOM.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back