**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had a nice lamp as well. It busted and almost fell on my work. I wear magnifying goggles now.

Oh, and very impressive work there Geo!

George like the antenna deal but what about guitar string?It's tensiled and only bends/kinks if you make so under some pretty damning pressures.Put it this way the plastic will break before the guitar string bends

Build is briefly in a holding pattern. Adding five micro holes into a 1mm rod evenly is just adding extra holes in my finger so it's off to P.G. tomorrow for some Evergreen .75x1.5mm rectangular strips. With these I can also add the airfoil shape as Bill(N4521U) suggested(never doubt the wise).

Geo

Thank you Wojtek. Found these while searching for info about the aerial locations...

9754 Canso18.jpg

Operation History of 162(BR) Sqn PDF...www.nlc-bnc.ca/obj/s4/f2/dsk2/ftp03/MQ54664.pdf

Geo

Just a quick peak at how big this mother is going to be...

003.JPG

...a quick test fit shows that putty will probably be needed but between you and me, I have used a little putty in my time. Off to P.G......

Geo

Some of fitting may help.

Should be no problem Wojtek. The other build made no mention of wing fit issues so if I take my time and glue it bit by bit, I should avoid the putty.
Got some plastic strip in P.G. today and I've started on the larger of the aerials. The black coloring on the side of the strip was added so that I could better see the pilot holes.

005.JPG

I'll create the airfoil shape once all the pieces have been drilled out. Speaking of drills, does anyone know what the markings mean on the drills?

006.JPG

...I had four of the blue colored drills .80/.08(?) and have broke two, one today. I would like to know the size so that I can replace them.

Geo

Nice work, though in your photo diagram of the wires all I could make out was 69. Oh did I do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back