**** DONE: 1/48 Republic F-84E Thunderjet – The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P8301448.JPG
P8301449.JPG
P8301450.JPG
P8301451.JPG
P8301452.JPG
I finished detail painting the area under the rear canopy (pics 1 2) and also finished painting and weathering the landing gear parts (pic 3). I then went on to spend about 3 hours putting on the stencil decals (pic 4).
I will be out of town this weekend so I have to have everything done by Thursday night so It looks like it will be down to the wire again.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
Just found out I have to work until 8 pm tonight (14 hour day) and I have to do the panel lines tonight or I won't finish on time. I may need a short extension, at least for the picture takeing and getting up the finished thread.

Really hot stuff Glenn.

I'm not sure about the others, but if an extra week would make a difference, I'm sure something can be arranged especially as we seem to have a number of you almost done and were currently a bt short of finished models.

What's your thoughts folks!

P8311453.JPG
P8311454.JPG
P8311456.JPG
Thanks Vic, I may not need it but it's going to be close.

Finished the panel lines tonight. Over the years I've experimented with different methods. This is one I've used on the last couple of models and it seems to work well if what is wanted is a relatively clean finish.
1) After sealing with Future, black tempera paint was brushed into all the panel lines using a fine brush. About now your thinking "What the eff have I done to my beautiful model :lol:
2) After about a half hour of dry time the larger areas of paint out side the panel lines were wiped off using slightly dampened pieces of paper towels. Note that no attempt was made to wipe the surface clean, just remove the paint adhering outside the panel lines. Be sure to change to clean towels often. Looks like a mess, right?
3) After drying a bit more I gently wiped it down a couple of more times using CLEAN damp pieces of paper towel, and the whole thing was sealed again with a brushed coat of Future.

Last edited:
Great work Glenn, it's going to be a cracker when it's done.
And no problem re an extension to the GB - midnight local time Sunday 6th September OK with everyone else, or the following Sunday?

Great work Glenn, it's going to be a cracker when it's done.
And no problem re an extension to the GB - midnight local time Sunday 6th September OK with everyone else, or the following Sunday?

If you recall Terry, some time back Glenn made the suggestion that all GBs should finish on the first Sunday following the end of the completion month. For this GB that would make it the 6th September, but if need be, my thoughts were to push it out another week particularly if it increase the number of finished models.

Ah yes, I remember.
Yep, I'd say push it back the extra week, to Sunday 13th September, midnight local time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back