**** DONE: 1/48 Savoia Marchetti S.M.79 II - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More photos of 278-?
SM 79 278 - 3.jpg
SM 79 278 - b.jpg
SM 79 278 - A.jpg

Just in case you don't have them.
Alberto

Looks good! The photographs seem to show a soft edge on the mottling... are you going to stick with the templates for the rest of the aircraft?

Good stuff Alberto and Wojtek.
Coincidentally, a friend of mine has just picked up a large, carved wooden model of a SM79, which we think was made in the 1940's, possibly by an Italian PoW.

Looks good! The photographs seem to show a soft edge on the mottling... are you going to stick with the templates for the rest of the aircraft?

I have been looking at that and I have delayed painting trying to decide if I should try it. I have a very basic airbrush which may make it very difficult but I believe I will give it a try. I just have to find the time.

Cheers,

Jeff

Sounds interesting Terry. Any pics?

I'll get some pics taken, and post in a separate thread - it might help to identify the origins. We think it may have some 'aeronautica collectible' value, so any info from anywhere would be welcome.

Definitely give it a test before committing to a method. I'm going to be trying a fairly fine pattern on my G.55 so I'll be giving it some practice runs too.

Well, I played around for a bit and then decided to take the plunge. Considering the cheap little air brush I used I was satisfied with how things went. Far from perfect but okay.

IMG_0021.JPG

Almost forgot about the wrap around camo on the leading edge of the wing but caught it before I cleaned up for the day.

Cheers,

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back