**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice looking haul the Paul, wouldn't mind the F8 Crusader myself. With respect to the Vallejo blue though I've not got this one I do believe that it is a mid blue, not to bright or strong and not to dark. Test it first and see how it comes out.

Here's a colour pic that might help. I tend to lighten many colours slightly for my 1/48 builds. I used Pollyscale Azure Blue on my P-40 but cut it with a bit of white.

Attachments

• 800px-Spitvbtropvo.jpg
    800px-Spitvbtropvo.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 54
Thanks one and all!
Middlestone as a start. I have been studying lots of pictures and looking at many builds all over the net, and I think I have a handle on the camouflage. I will be cutting masks and the dark earth is on its way.
I think I ordered the wrong "intermediate" blue. This seems more suited to a navy situation. So I will be mixing one myself.

spit-26.jpg

spit-27.jpg

Looking good Paul. How do you like the paint. I have several bottles but haven't had the nerve to try my first airbrush paint job. What air pressure did you use? Thanks.

Geo
My big compresser has been at a friends house for about a year now, I have been using an old "testors" mini-compresser that only has off and on. Can't really say what pressure it is, it seems pretty high.
The paint is lovely, and after mixing for about 5 minutes, was the perfect consistancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back