**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, and to quote my own words 'slow and easy' came to a blinding stop this weekend, I was thwarted at every turn and in the end gave into inevitable interruptions for a couple of days.

Did manage to get a squirt of paint on all seams this arvo and found a couple of flaws. These have been covered over with a dab or two of thick glue and will be cleaned back later, ready for the first paint coat. I hope!

Thanks again gents for looking in and your kind comments.

Today I was able to get spraying, an area where I consider a weak point in my modelling, so with this one it's an all out effort to improve on this.

After fixing a couple of small defect seams I splashed on a bit of under shading on some of the panel line. Done freehand and for once I didn't have the shakes. No not the DTs but nervous I'll stuff-up.
b0227.gif

20140304 - 1a.jpg

20140304 - 1b.jpg

This dried very quick so on went the Aussie sky colour which when dry received its first coat of protective floor polish. Here it is still damp.

20140304 - 1c.jpg

very nice work, Vic! I have really been practicing with my airbrushes over the last few months and have discovered a few things that really helped for my setup and paints and weather conditions:
1) I thin all enamels about 1:1 (thinner/paint)
2) I have dialed down my air pressures to between 8-15 psi
3) I am very patient when using the dual action brushes when I start to feed in paint
4) If your brush has it, use the pull back limit for the paint feed once you find the "perfect" amount.
5) I tear down and clean after each and every application. BTW, pipe cleaners are a huge help in cleaning.

Last edited:
Many thanks Wojtek and Dale.

I do all those things Dale except maybe No 3, that's the bit I have to get to grips with and this is in total contrast to when I build with infinite patience.

Many thanks Wojtek and Dale.

I do all those things Dale except maybe No 3, that's the bit I have to get to grips with and this is in total contrast to when I build with infinite patience.

I do not think so with patience you have to make those mounts do not have the patience to paint

Thanks Gents.

Steady progress today, marked out the earth brown areas and hit the spray button. Came out reasonably on first pass over, so when dry, sanded this back gently and then mad another pass.
This is it, a bit raggedy on the edges but that will come good with the final green coat.

20140305 - 1a.jpg

20140305 - 1b.jpg

Later I'll give the brown a protective coat of floor polish and tomorrow, start the final masking ready for that famed Australian foliage green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back