**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I say chaps, thanks ever so for the kind comments. Sad to say nothing done yesterday except for painting the gunsight, a resin part which I the realised was the wrong one. No harm though and I hope to get the correct one done today.

Thanks Peter.

Well as you will see, she is all but done. Having looked at my own photos, I can see more work is needed to fix up the windscreen, close-up shots reveal gaps big enough for a trolley bus. A dab or two with thick glue and a splash of paint should see this fixed.

20140315 - 1a.jpg

20140315 - 1c.jpg

20140315 - 1d.jpg

20140315 - 1e.jpg

20140315 - 1f.jpg

20140315 - 1g.jpg

20140315 - 1h.jpg

Lovely work there, Vic. I swear by Gator Glue when it comes to getting the glass in place. I use a toothpick and get a fair amount on the various glass pieces. As I place the pieces, I keep a damp piece of tissue at hand to wipe the excess glue and get those seams filled. Stuff dries real clear, so a quick dab of paint and things are done.

Nice work Vic.

Lovely work there, Vic. I swear by Gator Glue when it comes to getting the glass in place. I use a toothpick and get a fair amount on the various glass pieces. As I place the pieces, I keep a damp piece of tissue at hand to wipe the excess glue and get those seams filled. Stuff dries real clear, so a quick dab of paint and things are done.

Need to get me some of that. Is there a danger of fogging the clear parts like CA does?

Great stuff Vic, it's really looking the biz mate.
f you're able to without damaging anything, see if you can angle the cockpit entrance hatch slightly - it didn't/doesn't hang straight down, flat against the fuselage, due to the angle of the hinge and cockpit hatch sill.
Have a look at the photo below, but remember that the red-painted crow bar was either plain metal or Cockpit Grey Green during the war, the red being a post-war 'safety equipment' colour.

Attachments

• Duxford show Sept 13 067.jpg
    Duxford show Sept 13 067.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back