**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire MkVIII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really appreciate the love guys.

Fixed the base of the mast - a little better now:

120813 Pit.jpg

I scratch-built and installed little latch assembly and hand strap on the front of the sliding hood:

120813 Latch.jpg

And here are the struts and wheels before assembly. Aluminum foil is used on the oleos and brake lines are both bare stainless steel and painted copper wire. The tires have been dusted up a bit

120812 Wheels.jpg

Getting real close now. Just need to flatten the tires and add the pitot tube, then give it one more once over and then it'll be time for the finished thread. Thanks again all.

Ah, go on, go on, go on ! Just a blob of PVA and a bit of stretched sprue - piece of p*** for a man of your skills !

Yep, that's it. I spent some time adding the external wires and tubes, and the 'rubber' ball, but in 1/48th scale, all that can really be seen is the red ball, and the short 'wire' it hangs from.

Attachments

• Bob Cross build 237.jpg
    Bob Cross build 237.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 87
Alright. In my relentless quest to appease the lofty expectations of our Red Leader, I present the FINAL canopy complete with the Martin Baker what's-it knob. :lol:

The knob is stretched sprue, curled back against a candle flame, rounded further with CA glue and dipped in red paint.

120815 Knob.jpg

And the final result shown complete with knob, latch mechanism, and release guides at the base of the sliding hood. I didn't bother adding the thin wire up to the knob - and don't tempt me!!!!!

120815 Canopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back