**** DONE: 1/48 TBM-1C Grumman Avenger VC-13 - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Hugh, Wojtek.

Turret is now done and installed after a bit of jiggling and a few scratches that will be touched up. And now, the instructions say to just glue the shelf in behind the turret to hod it down. How the F!*** do you do that!

1210231.jpg

1210232.jpg

1210233.jpg

1210234.jpg

1210235.jpg

Indeed you did Terry - I read your build sequence thoroughly but noted that you suffered from a lack of AM instructions which explained exactly how to fit the turret into the hole with the canopy in place Unfortunately they don't provide the same detail for the shelf piece. Basically, just do it!

I remember getting a copy of the AM instructions from Wayne, but I can't remember if I just decided to leave off the canopy, or read it somewhere !
In order to avoid possible damage, it might be a good idea to remove the canopy, if possible,

So here's the issue....and the fix.

The instructions below appear in Step 7. In step 6, the canopy was to be glued to the fuselage. I knew of issues fitting the turret and the instructions do outline the technique for doing so which did work after a bit of finagling.

1210242.jpg

The shelf (part 20) is shown below which you're supposed to glue after the turret goes in. Ummmmm.....right:

1210241.jpg

So off comes the canopy and in goes the shelf:

1210243.jpg

Canopy back on:

1210245.jpg

1210244.jpg

Anyone doing this kit, DO NOT glue the canopy on in step 6. Get the turret in and glue the shelf first. Yes, the turret will fit but forget trying to get the shelf in.

Next will be some touch up on the turret and then some decisions around ordnance. Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back