**** DONE: 1/48 Vought F-8E Crusader VF-211 "Checkmates" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The main gear bays are reasonably well detailed, but oddly enough, there is nothing at all on the front wall. A couple of chunks of plastic and some bits of wire later and its fixed. The brake line was added last, mainly because I almost forgot it.

Nice work Paul, looks suitably 'busy' in the wells now. In the first pic, on the lower, horizontal leg, is that a moulded -in brake line, or a moulding seam?

'Tis a moulded in line, good sir.
I believe the brake line is the one on the lower front leg, where I added the wire up to the cylinder.
The one you noticed seems to be for the hydraulics to move the whole b****y thing.
Sharp eyes!

Last edited:
It is the little things that make me happy, like the extras I put into my Ju.52. It is done as Goerings personal craft; an extra wide seat and repeater instuments for "Der Dickie". Odds are, no one but me (and now you all) will ever know, but it was fun.
On to the F-8, the two intakes that will be on the @$$-end abaft the rudder; left, as supplied, right, as modified.

Yep, the front just gets a brake line. Adding the wing locking mechanisms today and a couple of fiddly bits, then if the rain will hold off, paint!

Users who are viewing this thread