**** DONE: 1/72 Aichi M6A1 Seiran - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I havent even put my mind to the colour issue. but thanks guys.

I really dont know much about the colour scheme for this aircraft. I admit that. At the moment Im just following the kit instructiuons. Hopefully its correct....

Thanks for the correction Wayne I don't do IJN stuff and just looked up IJN green.
Michael so sorry for the mis-info. If you want to avoid such problems with weights in the future get some tungsten putty it is 1.8 times denser than lead and is moldable and sticky. You can find it on Ebay or hobby stores that carry pinewood derby stuff (pinewoodpro.com) not cheap but IMHO well worth it

XF-11 is IJN (Navy) Green, XF-13 is IJA (Army) Green, however the more accurate colour is a Black green. Probably XF-27 Black Green is a closer match.

Hi Wayne

Attached is the Tamiya colour charty

Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint (Flat)

XF-27 is very dark, can I do dark panel line effects with that colour.

I think i will follow your advice, but before i behave myself, what you think of XF-11 or even XF-5.

Do you haver any recommendations regarding thinning ratios.....I would have thought as thin as i can manage...also how to get that blotchy effect like Aviatiks 1/32 George

Hi Wayne

Attached is the Tamiya colour charty

Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint (Flat)

XF-27 is very dark, can I do dark panel line effects with that colour.

I think i will follow your advice, but before i behave myself, what you think of XF-11 or even XF-5.

Do you haver any recommendations regarding thinning ratios.....I would have thought as thin as i can manage...also how to get that blotchy effect like Aviatiks 1/32 George

Michael, I would probably go with a mix of the XF-14 and XF-27 to slightly lighten the Black green, test 50/50 mix to see how much it brings back the Black green then try other variations 40/60 etc. you can still then use the Black Green for those panel lines if you wish.

To best get the mottle effect you need a light base colour, in this case use the lower surface Grey overall, then carefully mottle the green pattern building it up gradually, takes time to do it right. i normally do a panel at a time darkening the panel lines as I go...again building up the density to create the right effect.

thanks guys, I was hoping someone would notice my IP and interior. Still not up to par overall, but there are some elements Im quite proud of. The IP rurned out better than anything ive done before, but I still apply the grey wash in much too thick a form . The sidewall effects i did by a fairly aggressive dry brush. The seats are just hand brushed...colours are probably all wrong, but look pretty schmick....call it artistic licence

Wayne, I meant to say I wanted to do my panel lines in black, not XF27. My mistake. My questyion, really was about whether XF27 was too dark to accurately depict I*Jn service colours. I always thought IJN aircraft to be somewhat lighter. Anyway, youve given me plenty6 of options....I will mess about with the options until Im happy

Always dry-fit parts before gluing. And once you've checked your dry fit by dry-fitting, do a dry fit before gluing. And then, just to be sure, do a final dry fit. ;)

ive put together most of the main structure now. its just about ready for 1st spray. ive decided to try and apply panel lines to this model. First time. using a techniques given to me by another member, basically using fine pencil for the highlighted panel lines.

This is a good kit, and everything so far has just worked. Its a detailed model, but it sytill goes together very nicely

Attachments

• 102_2981.jpg
    102_2981.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 102_2982.jpg
    102_2982.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Back