**** DONE: 1/72 B-24H “Booby Trap” - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah! A box of spaghetti! A lot of work, but should be good Glenn!
You said it Terry!

Ah yes. Where to stop?!?
My thoughts exactly, but I haven't found the stopping point yet. Seems to be an addiction I guess. I hadn't really intended to do anything extra in the bomb bay when I started...

Here's well over an hour of hydraulic line work and I've only just begun.......

P6050076.JPG

Last edited:
Took a break from the hydraulic lines except to straighten them out a little) and added some internal bracing (Pics 12) as seen in post #58 pics 13. In pic 3 is the manual landing gear crank I made up as seen in post #58 pic 4. Not exactly the same mounting, but the only way I could make it fit and still leave room for the bomb racks. I had intended to load her up with bombs, but now I'm thinking that doing that will hide a lot of this detail so I might leave them out.

P6050079.JPG
P6050080.JPG
P6050081.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work Glenn!
I like the detail, gives me some ideas for my Marauder!
I think I face the same problem with my bomb bay, although if I mess it up the bombs might hide it:lol:

Mike

Wile looking at some reference material last night I saw a lot of info on the PB4Y-2 Privateer so I pulled my Revell (ex Matchbox) kit out of the stash and had a look. Pretty primitive compared to this one but could be built to look nice, and no interior can be seen but the cockpit. Very tempting to build it along side this one.

More work tonight.
Picture 1 Hydraulic lines on the other side of the bomb bay
Picture 2 3 views ot the bomb bay when closed up. I think I'm pretty much done here and will be moving on to the cockpit although I might add a few more bits if the mood strikes me.
Picture 4 5 made up the gun mounts for the waist guns. they are a piece of sprue scraped thinner, then the slot was cut in with an exacto saw and cut to length. After installation a hole was drilled in the slot for the gun to pass through. All very fiddly and time consuming.
Picture 6 After all that work with tiny pieces I needed a break so started assembly on the horizontal stabilizer and wings. The stabilizer is prone to sagging as I found out on the other Academy B-24 I made so I'll have to beef up the center section. The outer half of the wings are warped down so for now I only glued them up from the wing root to the outer engine and will glue the rest as I straighten out the warp

P6110083.JPG
P6110084.JPG
P6110085.JPG
P6110086.JPG
P6110087.JPG
P6110088.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back