**** DONE: 1/72 BV222 Wiking Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WW II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amazing repair. It looks perfectly smooth and no loss to any of the panel lines. When I try something like that the glue residue is harder than the plastic and I sand more plastic than glue. What grit are you using?

Mike , judging by your words you don't use a glue but a cement. So no wonder you have a trouble with the treatment by sanding..

Amazing repair. It looks perfectly smooth and no loss to any of the panel lines. When I try something like that the glue residue is harder than the plastic and I sand more plastic than glue. What grit are you using?

600 to 800 to 1200 Mike.

Damn! Now show us the finished hull bottom please! (I swear Wayne, I don't know if your work inspires me or is the most soul crushing thing I have ever seen!)

glued the other wing together today so Didn't get to the hull bottom Jim, will tackle it tomorrow, only take a couple of minutes to sort that smaller crack out.

thanks for your comments fellas....

and that other crack repair....before and after...

Attachments

• 67_Crack glued_3904.jpg
    67_Crack glued_3904.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 68_Hull Repair_3918.jpg
    68_Hull Repair_3918.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 88
Boy one wing is near enough a whole He. 111. Wasn't the BV.222 the largest, heaviest and longest flying seaplane of WWII and all time? I mean the 'Goose' is famous for being spuce and not flying far?

Must be a fine grit paper; wet 'n dry 900?, there's little sanding 'grainage' visabl in the pics - or small enough that the base/primer paint and the top coats would make it irrelivent.

Love the details on the moedel as is, shows more than pics of the actual Viking show in many repsects - like the collector ring ejection exhaust ports for example.

I noticed some new harsh words were added to the the book last and wondered who had contrived them?Nice repair Wayne. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back