**** DONE: 1/72 Focke Wulf Ta 183 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: PM Model Focke Wulf Ta 183 "Huckebein"
Scale: 1/72nd.
Accessories: Aftermarket decals

I nice simple little kit of an interesting subject. The Ta 183 never got past the planning stage but the design influenced post was aircraft design.

Ta_183_Huckebein_PM_Model_PM213_72nd.jpg

Last edited:
The kit is very simple with only 23 parts. The surface detailing looks real nice with scribed panel lines. The interior is almost non-existent with only a floor, rudder pedals, control column and a sort of a seat. This won't be a problem as not much should be visible through the closed canopy. The instruction sheet is simple with 3 steps and only 1 camo scheme that I won't be doing although I can make use out of the simple decal sheet with whatever scheme I decide to use.

P1101156.JPG
P1101157.JPG
P1101158.JPG

Last edited:
I started cutting parts off the sprue last night and things went together rather quickly and before long I had the fuselage together. Sorry I didn't stop to take a picture of the interior but there wasn't really much there, A flat featureless floor, a control column. Some shapeless rudder pedals that will never be seen and the lumpy seat. Everything was brush painted RLM 66 and closed up. The fuselage halves fit together real nice and were glued with Testors liquid cement.

P1101159.JPG
P1101160.JPG

Last edited:
It's not that I working fast, it's just that there isn't much to this little kit.
I test fitted the major parts this morning and it looks like a lot of filling at the wing roots and a bit at the nose. My Fury kit is supposed to arrive Tuesday and at the rate this one is coming together I'll have it ready for paint by then.

P1101162.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Cory.

Time to start thinking how to paint this puppy. Since it never progressed past the planning stage I guess just about anything would go, but I've been looking around the internet and found these paintings that struck me. Any suggestions on the RLM paint numbers?

focke_wulf_ta_183_huckebein_3d_model_08d861b4-9b81-4174-8dbd-540fd1792a2b.jpg
focke_wulf_ta_183_huckebein_3d_model_ca288dbc-a2bb-4faf-a398-f4e1fb597cb8.jpg
FW_TA183_09.jpg

Last edited:
If you go with that scheme Glenn, I would make the green RLM 83. Two tones of RLM 76 seem to be shown, one the normal light blue/grey and the other the late war 76 with the greenish tinge, which seems to be shown under the fuselage mottles. The light grey on the wings could be what some call RLM 77 which was darker than 76 and not as blue but lighter than 75.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I have most of those in my paint stock. Have to check and make sure they're still good.

A couple of progress pics after a whole lot of filling and sanding on the wing roots and shaping on the nose to get rid of a nasty step. Also glued on the tail, but it needs some filling and blending in at the forward point.

P1151163.JPG
P1151164.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back