**** DONE: 1/72 Focke Wulf Ta 183 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Still needs a bit of touch-up but here's the camo sprayed on.

P1291169.JPG
P1291170.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work Glenn!

I'm no expert airbrusher like most of the guys here (still experimenting), but when I sprayed my 1:72 Me 262B-1a/U1, I misted a coat of RLM 76 over the fuselage mottle to hide the small paint spits, and soften the edges. Improved the look IMO.

Thanks Even. There's something going on with my airbrush, it shouldn't be spitting like that. I need to figure out if it me or the brush and why it's doing it.

Too late to do any correction now, I put on the Future coat in preparation for decals, than found that I didn't have the enough of the white balkencross decals for the top of the wings and the fuselage sides so I decided to mask and paint them on. I'll be using decals for the rest of the markings

P2021171.JPG
P2021172.JPG

Last edited:
Great work there Glenn.
Regarding the 'spitting' with the airbrush, this can be due to a number of things - thinning, where a tiny piece of paint pigment hasn't 'dissolved' into the thinner, causing a minute blockage; a slippage of the needle clutch, causing the needle to 'slide' as the trigger is activated; partially blocked or dirty venturi or jet nozzle, not always immediately obvious; tiny deformation of the tip of the needle; dried paint build up on the needle, again not always immediately obvious; worn or slightly displaced 'o' ring seals.
Additionally, and this should be more obvious, if the compressor is pulsing, that can cause uncontrollable 'spitting'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back