**** DONE: 1/72 Typhoon Mk.Ib – Defence of Britain/Atlantic. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PA031511.JPG
PA031512.JPG
PA031514.JPG
PA031515.JPG
PA031511.JPG
PA031512.JPG
PA031514.JPG
PA031515.JPG
Pictures 1-3
The "innards" in place
Picture 4 The fuselage glued up and test fitted to the wings

Last edited:
The Hasegawa Kit? I have that one in the stash too and was really tempted to build it in this GB, but with a normal work week this summer of over 70 hours I knew I would never get it finished.

Yep, it's the Hasegawa kit, which I've had in the stash some time, to add to my 56 Squadron collection. Got a Monogram kit too, with resin 'Tempest' tail-planes and resin RPs, to build in a small diorama, liet he P-47 I did some time ago.

Nice work on the cockpit! The Hase Car Door kit is a nice one but I had some fit problems on the upper fuselage, which is modular to accommodate the bubble top and car door versions in the same molding.

Nice work on the cockpit! The Hase Car Door kit is a nice one but I had some fit problems on the upper fuselage, which is modular to accommodate the bubble top and car door versions in the same molding.

I saw that when I had a look in the box and was wondering if that may be the case. Too bad

PA071517.JPG
I worked on some wing light improvements tonight. I imbedded short pieces of tubing in the opening for the landing lights to give the impression that there is something behind the clear plastic cover. I tried something a bit different for the red and green nav. lights. I cut them out and replaced then with pieces of clear sprue, but instead of painting a dot of color (red or green) and then adding the clear sprue, I tinted Testor's tube cement with the color and glued the sprue on. Hopefully it will turn out all right. At first I tried tinting CA glue with the paint (enamel) but foung the CA and paint would not mix.

Last edited:
I agree with Vic. However the glass cover of the nav lights was made of clear glass. The light-bulbs were of a colour glass bulb.

typhoon1.jpg

typhoon1a.jpg

typhoon2.jpg

I know, and I usually paint a dot for the bulb or sometimes drill a hole in the clear plastic and fill it with paint, but in this small scale it was too small to do it that way.

Nice job on the lights! I think I would fill in the hole of the plastic tubing to disguise it a little or otherwise it looks like what it is... plastic tubing.

Nice job on the lights! I think I would fill in the hole of the plastic tubing to disguise it a little or otherwise it looks like what it is... plastic tubing.
I plan on putting a small piece of foil on it and pressing it slightly onto the hole of the tubing so it looks like the reflector of the light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back