**** DONE: Bf-109F Hans-Joachim Marseille - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today's update;

The first order of business was to fix the canopy as Airframes described. This was done by applying oven cleaner with a brush on to the framework to be removed, then letting it sit for a bit. It was then carefully scraped off using a dull metal edge.
Endgame.jpg

Endgame1.jpg

After that was done, the entire plane was highlighted with medium brown on the surface and navy blue gray underneath. Little attention was paid to being to fine here as it would be touched up before long.
Endgame3.jpg

Endgame2.jpg

Endgame4.jpg

this was then touched up, and exhaust and gun trails were made using black and dk gray washes. i decided to weather the tires and landing gear also as its a desert machine, this was done by first giving them a light white wash, followed by dry brushing in a dirt color.
Endgame5.jpg

Endgame6.jpg

And then it was set aside to dry, as the project is complete, all that is left now is the finished item photos which are not yet taken!

[...] I might have gone more subtle on the panel lines though.

Yup, this looks a bit strange to my eye. The basic idea seems usable, but perhaps the use of some pigments or maybe even artist oils in the appropriate colors would have worked better and given a much more subte result

Sorry you don't like it.

To the naked eye it looks fine, digital photography makes it seem darker then it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back