**** DONE: Bf-109F Hans-Joachim Marseille - Aircraft of the Aces GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geez, I only blinked and then almost missed it. Fantastic progress Chris and it looks just great.

Thanks Vic.

Been years since I made a desert warplane, it is a fun color sceme to use.

At this rate mate, you'll be able to build an airforce!!!! lol

meanwhile I've opened some of the bags and looked at the sprues of my kit.... lol

OK, still not fully recovered but did paint the canopy.

First it was done in green.

canopywork.jpg

then desert sand was applied, so the inside would have the green color.
canopywork1.jpg

Next, the canopy is applied using elmer's white glue and left to dry overnight.
Some of the lines are a tad off on the front and this will be fixed up tomorrow.

canopywork2.jpg

canopywork3.jpg

When this guy is done, i want to make either a hellcat or PT-109 MTB, not decided on which will be first. I also have a viking ship I have been wanting to get too, as well as a restoration of CSS Alabama, a rather large project. I had also planned a P-51B, Don Gentile's plane, which someone else is making so i may hold off on that one. I want to take a break from 109s after this, made three in my last four builds and need a break from them.

The Hellcat will be in this build as i will make it david mcCambell's plane.

I limit my builds here to aircraft, but on my forum I have many other things displayed, such as armor, ships and figures.

American Scale Model Manufacturer's Forum

I'm planing a PTO Group build for it, so both the hellcat and the 109 fit the bill, as is a possible A6m2 Zero i have also.

Neat work on the canopy frames. Sorry to have to tell you though, that there was no central frame on the '109F, this was a joint of the front section on each side and the top, which slid back, and should be left as a 'clear' line. Similar with the quarter panel on the port side of the windscreen, this was an opening section, without a frame.

When this guy is done, i want to make either a hellcat or PT-109 MTB, not decided on which will be first. I also have a viking ship I have been wanting to get too, as well as a restoration of CSS Alabama, a rather large project. I had also planned a P-51B, Don Gentile's plane, which someone else is making so i may hold off on that one. I want to take a break from 109s after this, made three in my last four builds and need a break from them.

The Hellcat will be in this build as i will make it david mcCambell's plane.

I limit my builds here to aircraft, but on my forum I have many other things displayed, such as armor, ships and figures.

American Scale Model Manufacturer's Forum

I'm planing a PTO Group build for it, so both the hellcat and the 109 fit the bill, as is a possible A6m2 Zero i have also.

Someone is going to be busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back