**** DONE: Bf-109F Hans-Joachim Marseille - Aircraft of the Aces GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll have one beef and broccoli stirfry, one fried noodle, one chicken chow mein, and an order of dumplings.

Looking good!

Today's update;

The nose and wing tips are painted white, as is the panel under the engine that will be yellow.
day31.jpg

day3.jpg

The yellow panel is done next.
day32.jpg

And then the lower areas are painted lt blue.
day33.jpg

Today's update;

Painted the upper surfaces in german sand, and will let this dry over night before doing any more.

day4.jpg

day41.jpg

Well, the kit is straight forward to make.

Still plenty to go, details to paint, decals to add including a lot of stencils, canopy, landing gear and weathering.

Probaly another week or less to the finish.

But again, i don't take long once i get started.

Thanks guys.

excellent pics njaco.

No progress today as i had real world work to tend to and had no time.

Looks nice! Beware of the Hasegawa decals though, I have the Hasegawa kit that come with these decals (or a veyr similar one) in the works and the decals gave me lots and lots of trouble. Even the smallest of stencils took like forever (even in warm water) to come off the sheet. This makes working those decals a very frustrating job. Ofcourse it could be an anomaly as in a shot decals sheet, but it won't hurt to check it out prior to going into full-blown decalling mode. One of those projects that is very close to being wrapped up, but after an hour or so of placing only very few small decals it kinda moved into the general direction of the WIP shelf :p

Last edited:
I always gloss cote my decals, the hasegawa issue is known as i have made a number of their kits over the years.

Today's update;

Small details are painted, like the air filter, exhausts, MGs and cannon and propellar blades.

The entire model is now ready for gloss cote and decals.
day5.jpg

day51.jpg

The landing gear and wheels are painted on the sprue, and will be touched up as needed after assembly.
day52.jpg

Today's update;

The decals are applied and sealed.

day6.jpg

day62.jpg

day61.jpg

day63.jpg

Next the plane will be dulled down, weathered and the canopy painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back