Done : Bf109K-4 IV./JG 53 'Black 16' Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, Mottling Part II, I think this looks a bit better.

SL381648.jpg

SL381649.jpg

Tried something just now, thought 7mmx7mm would be about the right size, so 7x7 square, 1mm thick lines, cut swastika out on masking tape and sprayed it black. I think they look ok! (a bit of weathering will hide any inconsistencies! :lol:)

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

Cheers lads! :) It wasn't too diffucult to do. The swastika with the white outline would be a different story!

Just been looking at some 109K profiles, the swastika should be a white outline one, my workmate here has offered me some decals, so I won't need to take you up on that offer Terry, thanks again mate! :thumbleft: We're going to head over to the LHS tomorrow, it's the last week of their sale. So I'll probably be coming home with a few more Kurfursts :)

I'm going to spray over the painted swastika, if you look at it, its not straight, and one 'leg' is a bit thin. It was just a quick test to see if I could do it.

Glad you can get some decals M. At least you know you can do swastikas now, and if you have to do one in 1/32nd, it'll be a piece of p!*s to you now!
Looking forward to the next 'installment'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back