Done : Bf109K-4 IV./JG 53 'Black 16' Gruppe Build (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next installment :)

Sprayed over the swastikas, painted the spinner, the kit decal is wrong I think, the spiral decal is black, so i painted the spinner white, masked it and sprayed over with black, did the black band too and finished the underside.

Decals next...

SL381653.jpg

SL381654.jpg

It's at that 'starting to come alive' point M! Looking great mate, should look bazzing when the decals go on! You seem to have better luck with those b***y spiral decals thanI do, anyway!

Cheers fellas :) The spiral is painted on Terry, the decal provided is black, it should be white!

Called to my mates place today and got some swastika decals. He gave me a set of drill bits too! 1.6mm to 0.3mm, got some pics of his 1/72 models, he does some lovely work, he's old skool, no airbrush, Klear, decal fluids or any of that stuff, just a brush and paint.

He's building a lovely model of a tall ship. He's doing the rigging right now but the project has stalled for a bit, all the rigging is wrecking his head, so as a change he's recycling a Heller 1/24 FW190 his nephew tried to build.

I'll post some pics of his 1/72 armour on the 'Post models that aren't yours' thread. :)

Here's the ship.....

SL381667.jpg

And the 190.....

SL381696.jpg

Oh, maybe someone can help here, he needs a machine gun for the 190, his nephew lost it.

FW is 1/24 Wojtek, its a monster! He also has a 1/24 Stuka in the stash, can't wait to see that one built!

Jan, he's a member of an armour forum, I'll see if he'll join up here too. He's like an encyclopedia when it comes to German armour.

Jan, he's a member of an armour forum, I'll see if he'll join up here too. He's like an encyclopedia when it comes to German armour.
Sounds great to me, always eager to find out more about Wiking, Nordland and the "Ghost Division" panzers, get to it son! It'll give Terry someone to play with as well.....the brush thing.:lol:

He's into WW2 aircraft as well, so I'd say he'd enjoy it here. He's hired me to mottle the 190 when its ready for paint.

Great.He can "come in handy" here.:thumbleft:
The 1/24 scale Fw190 looks excellent.:D I'm wondering how she will look when finshed.

Agree with all, and that ship looks stunning. M, the Heller FW190 is the Airfix kit, so he could try contacting Hornby (OK don't laugh!) to see if he can get a MG. The only other thing I can suggest, is to see if one of the aftermarket people, such as Aires, have them in 1/24th scale, I know they do in other scales. I could possibly spare a MG17 from my Bf109E, as the cowling will be left on most of the time, but it's the wrong weapon for the '190A8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back