DONE: Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know if it'll help Cory, but there are two sites I looked at recently that MIGHT have what you are looking for. One is an IPMS Stockholm page, where some guy has built just about every FAA aircraft going. I think I found it by Googling 'Pictutes of Fleet Air Arm Avengers'.
The other is a series of pages, covering all FAA Squadrons and their aircraft, and is under the general title of FAA Archive. If you go into Google, and enter something like the Squadron number, followed by Fleet Air Arm, you should find it. Any of the pages will do, as there's an index showing ships, carriers, aircraft, Squadrons etc.
Sorry I can't remember the actual details, as it's some time since I looked at the sites.

Thanks Terry, I think I know of both sites you are referring to.

That IPMS Stockholm page DOES have the bird I'm doing, but it follows the scheme of the instructions which came with the decals. As far as I know, they're correct. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if that painted over roundel is indeed visible on the actual plane. I would suspect it would be.

Cory, I've done a bit more digging, and it looks like you might have to change plans slightly.
HMS Unicorn operated initially in Europe, then moved to the Med in support of the Anzio landings. When she eventually went to the Far East, she operated in a support role, providing transport and delivery, but at one time maintained a Squadron of Barracudas. She did, however, off-load 8 crated Corsairs in Australia, I think in late '44 or early '45, which were assembled on shore. She was laid-up soon after the war, being re-commissioned I think in the late '40's.
It is possible that the profile, which seems to have 'European type' code letters, may be of one of the crated aircraft, with 'SEAC'-type roundels applied. It doesn't appear that Corsairs operated from this carrier.

Hmm, that poses a problem then. Thanks for the info. I was getting suspicious because nothing could be found. I suppose technically it would still be valid, but I'd like to do something that would have seen combat. I suppose I could do a USN -1D, but I really wanted to do British and I already bought the paint! :lol: I will begin a search for different decals, hopefully I'll be able to find something.

Can't find squat besides the Techmod sheet which I have already, minus the Pacific Fleet ones.

After looking around, I can't find ANYTHING other than the Techmod, but I think the roundels I have will work, it's just side codes and a new scheme that I need to find.

THD32009.jpg

Instead of being the bottom one, it shall now be the top plane.

Would a Mod please change the title to "Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious"? Thanks.

Hmm, how much would it cost to ship it to you Karl? They are $11.99 (minus taxes, don't know how much it would be with those added) CDN, so £6.80. I don't know if it would be cheaper for me to just order them to me and then ship them to you myself. I'm going to order them later today, so I will see for cost how much it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back