DONE: 1/48 Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nick Karl, man does that look a spitting image of your P47 pre-paint! Must be your little square mat below it... :)

well after surviving a nightmare couple of weeks i managed to get a bit more done.
on 9 days holiday so i hope to finish the corsair this week !
i think the colours are a little dark when compared to Cory's excellent corsair in the same scheme but its the best i could come up with in the time i've had :(

Attachments

• Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 095.jpg
    Picture 095.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 62
It looks fine, take your hand off your head! I too believe it is the lighting, because the camo looks great... drag that baby into the sun and do a re-shoot, you'll see her shine! :)

Karl, it's probably the lighting. I know with mine it looks completely different in the sun than inside my house! Those colours are actually quite odd in that respect, they almost seem to merge together at the right angle. I'd say you're good, even if they are a little dark, it's not enough to be an issue plus who knows what that bird's been through.

cheers guy's, i'll try and get some out door shots if it stops raining, been almost 50 degree C in the kitchen at work the last few days and as soon as i get a day off rain, thunder and lightning all day !!!!!!

last night got all the major decals on and did a bit of weathering.

should get the rest of the decals done today then just all the fidely bits to put on, paint the canopy, flat coat and i should be done in the next couple of days :D

Attachments

• Picture 097.jpg
    Picture 097.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg