DONE: 1/48 Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cory what do you think of these colours for the FAA scheme

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 81
The gray's good, but the colour on the left is WAY too green and the bottom colour is basically white (on my screen). Sky's a weird colour, and should be a yellowy/green. If you can, get Tamiya Sky, and try to get MM Acrylic Dark Slate Gray. Sorry! :(

Cockpit's looking good Karl. I agree with Cory about the 'Sky' colour, but the Extra Dark Sea Grey doesn't look too far off to me. It was actually more green than grey, close to U.S. Olive Drab.

Cockpit's looking good Karl. I agree with Cory about the 'Sky' colour, but the Extra Dark Sea Grey doesn't look too far off to me. It was actually more green than grey, close to U.S. Olive Drab.

The Sea Gray is the Gray Gray, while the Slate Gray is the greenish one. You're certainly right Terry, but I don't know, it just seems too green to me. Try mixing the two grays a bit Karl, that may work?

That's a good idea Cory. Add a touch of the grey, to give the 'Slate' appearance. I hadn't realised it was Dark Slate Grey, which, itself, was a variant from Extra Dark Sea Grey. I thought it strange when I was reseraching the colours for my Avenger, as years ago I'd done a FAA Corsair in the Slate/Sea Grey scheme, which I remembered was a green with a hint of grey, making both the colours blend into almost one shade at certain angles.
Fortunately, my Avenger is in the 'equivalent colours', so I could use real Extra Dark Sea Grey mixed with (Light) Olive Drab.

right guy's been busy as f**k at work but managed a little progress.
got the fusalge together , engine and cowling on and the inboard wing panels on.
also clipped the wing tips :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 009.jpg