DONE: 1/48 Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious, Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, the P-47 IS huge! Not bigger than the Corsair for height though :lol:. The Corsair is actually taller than the Avenger, and the Bf 109 can fit under the Corsair's wing up to the tail! But man, that Thunderbolt is huge. I've seen Corsairs in person before, so I know just how big they are, and the P-47's got length, span, and girth on it!

Thanks for taking them Karl!

Awww they're kissing! Ace Rochie, it came out really nice. Your getting better with every bird, I say its time for you to move into 1/32.. :)

Im starting to do 1/48 single engine fighters and 1/72 bombers and such. Its not that I hate 1/72 planes but they are just so small and annoying to me, when you build a 1/72 Liberator or B17 its all good! But that 1/48 b17 I have is just too much, haha.

And your welcome. :)

Great shots Karl, and a good comparison. I've sat in a Corsair, and thought it was big, especially as it was in a hangar at the time, which somehow made it seem bigger. But when I stood on the wing of a P47, I thought it was bl**dy massive! It doesn't look as big at normal viewing distance, say on the static display at an airshow, but up close, wow, it's a monster!

I was very fortunate in those days, as I was involved in a lot of photographic jobs, which allowed me access to many great, and some rare types. Also, I used to run the fire crew and marshalling for my local air show, which meant that any type performing, especially if it was going to be landing on the field, I and the crews, had to know where such things as the Master Switch, Magneto switches, and battery were located, as well as any emergency drills etc specific to a particular aircraft. Of course, this meant a tour of the aircraft and cockpit, and the interioron bigger kites! Great times! Problem is, the bulk of the pics I still have are on transparency, which I'm aiming to have converted when I can afford a transparency scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back