DONE: Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious, Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will this shut you guys up? :lol:

So, I kinda dislike this model. The fit isn't great, the nose looks wrong, and the decals that I ordered came, but it seemed to be their life's goal to tear! A couple of the roundels took major damage, but I'm pretty proud of myself for piecing them back together. My brother actually used the same decals on his Seafire that he made a few years ago, and I put the decals on then too and remembered them tearing, so I tried to take extra care this time, but to no avail. Only 1/4 of the roundels survived without any damage. Remember that Karl! Once they're on, they like to stay wherever they were originally placed on, so if you have to move them, dip your finger in the water and move your finger in circles around the roundels to get it going again without causing too much damage. Hopefully you'll get less trouble with them as yours will be smaller!

Anyways, pics! Decals are all on save for one I forgot and will put on tomorrow possibly. I also have to do antennas and such.

DSCN0838.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

Looks bl**dy marvellous Cory! See what you mean about the nose though. I think it is what I suggested in Dan's thread, looks like the engine sits a bit too far forward, throwing the look out.

Thanks guys!

It's not only that Terry, but it appears to droop a little bit. I tried to fix the engine so didn't protrude so much, but couldn't do too much as it would screw up the exhausts.

Hmm. Pity. I wonder if the cowling, or the front ring, is too short? I hadn't noticed in other pics, until that one I mentioned in either yours or Dan's thread a couple weeks back. Not a lot you can do about it though, but check the length of the spline for the prop before fitting, in case it makes the prop stick out too far too. Model looks bazzing though.

Fo' shizzle!

And I don't remember which of my threads this was in, but I have 3 of those green mats! I have a small one that I put there to cut stuff off, but I haven't cut anything off for a while so that's why it's not there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back