**** DONE: Focke-Wulf Fw190D-9, Black 1, Oblt. Hans Dortenmann W.nr.210003

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Once again, I fear you are all being too kind (but don't stop, please :))

Moving on again - she's almost ready for her first coat of Future

CIMG0553.JPG

Needs a little more work on some of the panel lines I think.

Also - having looked at some of the material available online I'm tending towards making her 'Red 1' rather than 'Black 1' - what do people think?

The sources I've seen tend to show Black 1 as having only the rudder painted yellow, with Red 1 having the entire vertical surface yellow

Last edited:
Once again, I fear you are all being too kind (but don't stop, please :))

Also - having looked at some of the material available online I'm tending towards making her 'Red 1' rather than 'Black 1' - what do people think?

The sources I've seen tend to show Black 1 as having only the rudder painted yellow, with Red 1 having the entire vertical surface yellow

Red 1 had 75/83 upper surfaces and flat canopy, while Black 1 had 82/83 uppers and blown canopy.This change occurred in the late part of feb 45 when III/JG 54 became IV/JG26 and the Black/white Reich defence bands were added and Dortenmann now commanded 14/JG26. The entire vertical surface of yellow was continued from Red 1 through to Yellow 1, including Black 1 in between!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back