**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice start Glenn, and should be a good one. Saw a build of this some time ago in a modelling magazine, and it looks great.

I worked some on the cockpit tonight and got the fuselage/pod sides glued together. The fit of this model seems pretty goos so far. There is still a lot of equipment to go inside, but that won''t come until after the basic airframe is together according to the plans, but I may change that and get all it in and covered up with the canopy pieces first. I want to do some test fitting first before I decide which way to go.

P5244978.JPG
P5244977.JPG
P5244976.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good Glenn, I'm liking what I see so much so that I've got one coming my way as of today though I don't know when I will get round to it.

Thanks guys.
I did some test fitting. The rear portion of the canopy didn't fit real good and had to be trimmed and filed to fit. I've decided to finish up the cockpit interior and glass before attaching the inner wing sections like the instructions says because it will be easier to blend in the canopy. I layed out all the major parts and realized just how big it's going to be!

P5254979.JPG
P5254981.JPG
P5254980.JPG

Last edited:
Same one Trey built a few months back I think? Looks good so far. Don't envy you on the canopy masking though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back