**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It will take time and effort to make this one happen, but you did a great job sofar on the office and on trimming those big clearparts. The twin tail-boom would freak me out though, with (as you've pointed out) lots of work on them to be done in the first place and then trying to put it all together without locatingpins etc. that will be a real challenge.

I can see there will be a lot of trimming and trial and error before it all comes together. That's why I want to complete the "pod" first as clear parts aren't as forgiving when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I did some work thinning out the plastic around the tail wheel bay in the horizontal stabilizer and then assembled it as seen in the first two pics.
Then I moved on to installing wires to the back of the control panel. This is going to be very visible through the canopy. After drilling small holes in the backs of the guages, I used strands of the very thin coper wire from a telephone cord and trained them together. The last pic shows me comparing them to a reference drawing that Vic Balshaw was kind enough to send me that will be invaluable in this build. I think I will be working on the detailing of this cockpit for quite some time.

P5254983.JPG
P5264985.JPG
P5264986.JPG
P5264988.JPG
P5254982.JPG
P5264984.JPG
P5264987.JPG

Last edited:
Stupendous Glenn and SNAP, just what I've been doing today. 'Great minds think alike' or so the saying goes.

happy0034.gif

I'm also interested in the cable you used Glenn, it has the look of being bound, what type is it!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
............I'm also interested in the cable you used Glenn, it has the look of being bound, what type is it!
It's the cable that goes from a telephone to the wall jack. The wire I used is one strand of four strands that make up one of the four wires of the cable. It has the stranded look because it is actually coper coated thread ...I think.... You can see in the pic where some of the coper has come of the thread when I striped off the insulation. That was the hard part. It took me over half an hour to strip the insulation off one wire 3 inches long with out breaking the wire .... or cutting myself. :lol:

P5264990.JPG

Last edited:
Little bit more detailing tonight
Picture 1) Seat belts and rudder pedal straps made from lead foil from a wine bottle, and hydraulic lines to the rudder pedals made from that same telephone wire.
Picture 2) Some hydraulic lines added to the main gear bays.
Picture 3) the engine cowls assembled. They're pretty simple with just molding for the front of the engine, but not much will be visible once the front is on.

P5274994.JPG
P5274993.JPG
P5274992.JPG

Last edited:
Some nice touches there Glenn and thanks for the wire info, you had me dashing out to the shed looking for telephone wire, I had a stack somewhere but can't find it, must have got dumped in the last cleanout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back