**** DONE: Fw190A-5 USAAF 325FG - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
Been at it today, in between errands and husband duties.................
Did a little experiment with the kit cockpit, since I have an aftermarket pit. Painted it with Tamiya rattle can Silver Leaf, let that dry and then sprayed it with Tamiya German Gray. Before this set up dry I sponged it off, scraping and dabbing. It's really the first time I've had the nerve to try aging. I stuck the transparency of the instrument panel on top of fresh white enamel. Then sprayed the PE part with silver leaf and then dabbed black over it to give an aged look. I stuck this on the panel film with white glue, dropping more into the holes with the tip of a toothpick. All in all, it turned out okay for trying something different. I'm pleased with the effect rather than trying to add silver to the top. Maybe a darker and lighter color combo next time. I'm gonna try this method on my Brewster Unofficial GB plane exterior.

Got the guns straight as well. Gun sight and foot peddles and I can put the sides together...........already!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 4a test and paint.jpg
    4a test and paint.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 4b german gray.jpg
    4b german gray.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 4c cockpit - instr pnl.jpg
    4c cockpit - instr pnl.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 78
Thanks y'all......
Been at the fit of the cockpit, and low and behold, I gotta do some body work. Hacking and cutting. So I went and done it. As evidenced in the pictures. Some of it was a little trickey. The assembly sits a little too far back, so the top plate behind the pilot seat had to be shortened about a mil and a half.

I sailor on with this gumball painted dude.

Attachments

• 5a c-pit fit.jpg
    5a c-pit fit.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 5b c-pit fit.jpg
    5b c-pit fit.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 77
Ah man,,,,,,,,,, I've just looked at the canopy, who can figure out all that brass and stuff that goes in it???????????????????????

Doing good Bill, all you need now is some little fingers, sharp eyes and a steady hand and bobs your uncle, canopy and PE become one.

Shoooooor, easy for you to say.
It's how the whole thing goes together I was in a muddle about. And then.... I looked at all the photos I been downloading, and low and behold, look what I found! The kit part is Not square enough, and now I see how the headrest is attached to the canopy! Wahoo.

Attachments

• 6 headrest.jpg
    6 headrest.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back