Done : Fw190D-9, "Black 12" of Leutnant Teo Nibel of 10/JG54, Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good of you to say so Dan, but the 'powder snow' didn't turn out the way I expected. No probs though, I'll come up with something to make it look right, especially the strips of 'melted snow'......I hope!!!

Hmm! Not bad, but thick snow is fairly straightforward; I want melted snow and hard but wet looking mud patches, and just a hint of a dusting of snow.
I know HOW to do it, and WHERE to do it, but I can't get the stuff I need locally to make it permanent. Some materials used for snow look c**p after a year or so, but, I'll get there eventually! Main problem is, I should have used a different 'grass' base, instead of the thin stuff - oh well!

Yep, there are various 'snow' products that might do the biz. Only want a bit though, but thinks......might be an excuse to do a snowy diorama, maybe some armour somewhere like the Ardennes, or a Spit or a Mustang or a Mossie or a Lanc or a....NOW look what you've gone and done!!

:evil4:
Same as me then dear boy....I'd love to do a diorama like the one with the Fiat CR42 in Swedish markings and/or a Gloster Gladiator from the Swedish volunteer squadron F22, duirng the Finnish Winter War with Russia....

Make it a bit more open and accessible for the kits/decals/references/wallet? How about just a 'Winter Scene'? could have two, aircraft and armour/ground vehicles. Could also add the previous suggestion of a 'side-build' of dioramas, for those that wanted to.

Me too! It's on the list! Talking of which, it's about time we all got a formalised list posted, from each of us, in order to keep track of everything, rather than just random suggestions. I'll do a separate post later, and hopefully some more pics of the Dora, as I can't go any further with the base until the last bit sets. That's if I can keep my hands off the Hunter.....

Good idea that! Cos I want to build a Gladiator :) The matchbox 1/72 gladiator was the 1st ever model i built as a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back