Done : Fw190D-9, "Black 12" of Leutnant Teo Nibel of 10/JG54, Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was too b****y uncomfortable to sleep, so I did a bit more on the base, which is drying, and bunged the wheels and gear doors onto the Dora. Now I know where the 'short legs' show up, as the gear doors look a tad too low to me, in relation to the wheels. But the doors are in the correct place according to the locating tabs. Still, by the time the tyres are parked in the slush and ice, it should look OK...I hope!
All that needs to be done now, is a very small amount of of 'dirtying', and then add all the antennas and other small bits, then....it's done!
With a bit of luck, the base should be finished in a couple of days, and the two can come together, then it's onto the next one which, having changed plans, will be a Bf110G4.
Meanwhile, here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Group Build 236.jpg
    Group Build 236.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Group Build 239.jpg
    Group Build 239.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Group Build 240.jpg
    Group Build 240.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Group Build 246.jpg
    Group Build 246.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 59
Thank you all very much indeed, it's much appreciated.
With luck, if I'm not too stiff and sore, I should have the base and kite completed and together later this week.
I have to say, the co-operation and enthusiasm sparked by this Group Build thingy has really helped and inspired me - it often takes years for me to add those little finishing touches to a model! But I guess we've all been THERE before!

I agree Terry. I'm anxious as 'ell to really get this 410 done...unlike past models. Now if could just get my head in gear!

Thanks again guys. Hope you are able to continue without too many headaches Chris.BTW, like your new siggy.
Karl, you will be able to see all my models, warts and all! And of course the Model Shop is only half a mile away too.......

Another missed thread :oops: Lovely job Terry! Having seen your work on the 109 dio, this base is going to be the dogs. Can't wait to see the 190 on it. There's some damn fine builds nearing completion in the GB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back