Done : Fw190D-9, "Black 12" of Leutnant Teo Nibel of 10/JG54, Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much guys, it's much appreciated. I seem to be having a run of little problems lately, but, what the heck, it's all part of the fun!
(Skulks off grumbling and cursing under his breath, looking for something to kick the sh*t out of.....)

lookin' good Terry, surprised you've had trouble with the decals. Tamiya's decals are a little on the thick side and should have stayed together....?

If you want some replacements I have plenty of spirals and numbers....

Something strange happening here! I've tried to reply 3 times, and it ain't working, so here's another try!
Thanks everyone, much apprecitaed. There's still a way to go, with some small scratch-building jobs, such as antenna wires and undercarriage indicator pegs to do.
Wayne, the decals were extremely thin, thinnest I've ever experienced, which is probably why they wouldn't 'slide', and some broke up. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll avoid spiral decals, and I'm fairly confident I can paint-in the missing part of the number. I also need to touch-in between the crosses, as they should have been over an area of RLM 76, but wouldn't slide into the exact position.

Terry she's looking good,small hurdles Bud small hurdles.I have done motte in 1/72 by hand but in 1/48 my hat is off to ya.Cheers Kevin

Thanks Dan.
I've managed to touch-in the required areas of paintwork, and even got the paint mix to match - wonders never cease! All the decals are now on, and most of the work on the bits and pieces is completed. I'll be giving the model another gloss coat later, then I'll get some pics posted, hopefully, if other 'work' doesn't interfere!

Well I not only got the gloss coat to seal the decals done, but I also managed to do the final, semi-matt coat, and a very small amount of paint scuffing. The exhausts are in place and painted, but are yet to be 'dirtied', and some muddy water splashes have been added on the underside of the wings behind the main wheels, and around the tail.
The canopy is finished, with the internal part of the antenna wire in place, and the wheels and tyres are painted and 'dirtied'. I also managed to paint the missing part of the figure '1' in the starboard side 'Black 12', although it's slightly too short, due to that part of the decal dissolving when it was applied.
Marvel of marvels, I was able to paint in the spinner spiral but, halfway through doing so, I realised I'd missed half a twist! Too b****y late now, it'll have to stay like that! I think I probably forgot that the white spiral does not reach all the way to the base of the spinner on this aircarft.
There's still some small detail painting to do, such as the trim tabs, and more fiddly bits to make, but it's coming along nicely, and I'm almost pleased with it. It might turn out reasonable in the end.
So, here're a few pics, the last one especially for Dan, as he seems to like cockpit close-ups!

Attachments

• Group Build 191.jpg
    Group Build 191.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Group Build 193.jpg
    Group Build 193.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Group Build 196.jpg
    Group Build 196.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Group Build 197.jpg
    Group Build 197.jpg