Done : Fw190D-9, "Black 12" of Leutnant Teo Nibel of 10/JG54, Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry why use the airbrush when you can motte like that with a brush.Nice Work.Kevin

I say chappies, some corking banter, what?
Thanks very much for the compliments guys, they are much appreciated.
Wayne, thanks for pointing that out re the RLM numbers; my mistake, and also Xtracolors - they've transposed the numbers! Not to worry, it isn't their paint, and hopefully, on the model, the shades look close enough.

Made a little bit more progress on the 'Dora'. The wings and fuselage have had some panel lines lightly emphasised, and a small amount of shading has been applied to the upper wings, to represent paint-fade and wear. I didn't want to overdo it, as, although the finish quality was probably not as good by this stage of the war, the aircraft was still only a few months old. Likewise, the paint chipping and scuffing has been kept to a minimum.
Some smoke and oil streaks have been added to the shell ejector ports and the underside of the cowling and fuselage, and some more light 'weathering' will be added once the decals are in place. The model has now received its gloss coat, ready for the decals, the first one to be applied being the dreaded spinner spiral, which I'm really looking forward to....cough, splutter!
Meanwhile, work is progressing on the prop, undercart and other 'bits and pieces', with the inside of the canopy receiving some attention, where I hope to fabricate the antenna mount and pulley.
I'm still not sure about the 'bright' light green, but then, it's a colour that I'm not that familiar with and, I suppose, it will tone down more when the semi-matt finishing coat is applied.
More pics etc in a day or two.
Thanks again for your interest.

Attachments

• Group Build 158.jpg
    Group Build 158.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Group Build 159.jpg
    Group Build 159.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Group Build 161.jpg
    Group Build 161.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 165