**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Macchi C.202 Folgore - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Righto, home now. The undercarriage was assembled and, as mentioned by Geo in his Veltro build, this was a bit of a PITA made more fiddly by having to fit the actuator arms amongst the engine plug hosing and the PE bay doors. Actuator arms were painted Ironbbreaker and the pistons Alclad Aluminium over gloss black and weathered with oils. Some additional streaking from the oil cooler and radiator was also added using the airbrush.

View attachment 488975

View attachment 488976

I'm pretty happy with how the undercarriage bay has come out with Eduard's nice upgrade set.

Exhaust stacks were given my usual treatment for this scale of a base of Testors Burnt Iron and weathering with rust and soot Tamiya Weathering Master pigments. Exhaust stains were slowly built up with a highly thinned mix of Tamiya Black and Red Brown. The same mix was used to build up a bit of staining in the machine gun fairings.

View attachment 488974

View attachment 488973

Hopefully I can get some daylight in the next couple of days to shoot final pics of the finished bird...
I like the two tone effect, somehow it just ads a more realistic look to the aircrafts. I do advocate weathering and or two/three tone finishes as it does lend to the field maintenance that these aircrafts and their crew endured during the conflicts. Nice Work!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back