**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Macchi C.202 Folgore - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind compliments everybody, much appreciated as always.

I'm happy to report the Folgore is finally finished and not before time! Unfortunately, I've been away for a few days so haven't had an opportunity to shoot the final pictures and forgot to download the ones I do have from the camera to the computer before I left, but hopefully I'll have them up in the next couple of days. Thanks for following along...

Righto, home now. The undercarriage was assembled and, as mentioned by Geo in his Veltro build, this was a bit of a PITA made more fiddly by having to fit the actuator arms amongst the engine plug hosing and the PE bay doors. Actuator arms were painted Ironbbreaker and the pistons Alclad Aluminium over gloss black and weathered with oils. Some additional streaking from the oil cooler and radiator was also added using the airbrush.

undercarriage a web.jpg

undercarriage b web.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how the undercarriage bay has come out with Eduard's nice upgrade set.

Exhaust stacks were given my usual treatment for this scale of a base of Testors Burnt Iron and weathering with rust and soot Tamiya Weathering Master pigments. Exhaust stains were slowly built up with a highly thinned mix of Tamiya Black and Red Brown. The same mix was used to build up a bit of staining in the machine gun fairings.

exhaust b web.jpg

exhaust a web.jpg

Hopefully I can get some daylight in the next couple of days to shoot final pics of the finished bird...

Thanks a lot guys. Made it home from work this evening with just enough daylight left to take a quick snap of the finished bird (I shoot my photography in natural light). I'll get better shots for this and the finished thread on the weekend when I can shoot in good light. Assembly of the final bits couldn't go by without involvement of some PE, in this case the antenna mast and canopy strut. This went largely without incident but I've seen enough PE on this build to last me a fair while!

port foreward web.jpg

See you soon to wrap this up :thumbleft:

Hi All
one quick question: what is the most best way to give Italian aircraft the smoke ring camouflage?.......................or what is the dirties and fastest way to accomplosh the same finish with the smoke ring camouflage finish?......................Thank you

Well, so much for the good light - it's a miserable rainy dull day. Anyway, did my best with the shots of the finished bird.

underside a web.jpg

prop finished c web.jpg

cockpit finished a web.jpg

cockpit finished b web.jpg

underside b web.jpg

underside c web.jpg

underside d web.jpg

port foreward web.jpg

This was a pretty nice kit to build, with few fit issues although this particular kit had some significant warping issues I had to deal with. It is not for the faint-hearted though, with over 100 PE parts and a dozen resin parts, more if you choose to include the undercarriage bay upgrade set, which I recommend. I think it's worth it though. I intentionally chose this camo scheme as I knew it would push me out of my comfort zone in this scale, but I'm happy with how it's turned out and I feel it's advanced my modelling skills, which is something I like to get out of each build. Anyway, thanks to everybody who followed along and provided valuable information and opinions, I really appreciate it :thumbleft:.

Finished thread up shortly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back