**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Macchi C.202 Folgore - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweet work turbo am watching with anticipation :)

Good stuff, and I too like the look of those saw blades.
I have some very thin blades and a handle, but they can be a bit too 'bendy' for some jobs, being rather long, and my other razor saw, although excellent, is restricted for some uses.

Nice going Kirby! Yes, I have used that jam-the-sprue-into-the-hole technique for filling holes. Best filler for styrene is styrene! And I really like those Tamiya saws. Essential for making fine cuts. I used them on my now dormant Millennium Falcon build...

IMG_4398_zps3knshsy9.jpg

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here.

OK, getting towards the final stages of putting this undercarriage bay upgrade together. The support structure for the inner gear bay doors that was sawn off in the last update was replaced with the PE assembly.

ub e web.jpg

I don't even want to say how long it took me to get that right. Additional structural detail was also added to the wheel wells. Some inconvenient injector pin marks had to be removed from this area and sanded first.

ub d web.jpg

You'll remember from some of the early posts in this thread that warping was an issue with this kit. You can see it raise its ugly head again in the starboard mating surface for the lower cowl in the picture above. I may need a spreader or something to address this later, we'll see...

Finally, some PE wiring was added to the engine plug and painted.

engine plug c web.jpg

There are still more hoses to be added but that will wait until final assembly of the components. The other components are ready for black-basing, painting, and weathering ahead of final assembly. I'll be happy to get this completed as I'm getting impatient to get on with the airframe...

Last edited:
You're telling me Terry! Bending all the tiny bits was painful enough, but handling them and manipulating them into correct position when you've only got a second or two before the CA sets was doing my head in! ](*,) At least it's all on the model now and not in the carpet monster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back