**** DONE: GB-37 1/72 Westand Sea King - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. Quick mid week update. No photos . Have completed the decaling process and I'm also nearly finished the construction of the rotors. I have to aply the last of PE bits and some stuff like the "AEW Bag" but I aim to finalise this build this weekend.

I don't know about that, but thanks for the encouragement.

I'm very near the end now. have just taken a break because its mothers day and ive been tasked to get dinner ready......

So this is a quick update with only a bare minimum commentary.......generally happy, but the past is coming back to haunt me with this build.

bow.jpg

Oh lordy.........the difficulties I had even getting the two halves together at the bow are really shown in this shot. Further away a lot of this rough finish is a lot less visible.....but still, not my best moment.

Man Rotor.jpg

Stbd Fore qtr IV.jpg

Stbd rear qtr iv.jpg

underside front.jpg

(still have to straighten things up a bit in this area)

Stbd Fore qtr III.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it will be alright on the day. If I step back for the competition shots, the blemishes wont be seen, even though they are in plain view. in the flesh, you really cannot see the imperfections. Its just the frustration this build has caused that you are seeing mostly.

Nearly done now. just have a few more colour stripes for the rotors to apply, and then a final tidy up and hard coat and should be done. Should have my completed shots by Wednesday or Thursday.

So I'm finished. I have prepared two groups of photos for submission , which I have named Gp1 and Gp2. gp1 were taken outside, whilst Gp2 were taken inside, against an all white background.

I need to choose which group to submit for judging. To me gp2 are the superior set, but its hard to know when I cant see what you guys are able to see with your monitors etc.....Any feedback is appreciated, up to and including "You should set fire to the thing!!!".

Gp1, taken outside

Gp 1 - Extra II.jpg

My optional extra - number 1

Gp 1 - Extra.jpg

Optional extra 2, next to the Seaking I did four years ago

Gp 1 - Reg 1 fnt.jpg

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Port FQ .jpg

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Port RQ .jpg

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Port side .jpg

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Stbd FQ door shut.jpg

Door shut

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Stbd RQ .jpg

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Stbd side door open.jpg

Door Open

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Stbd side door shut.jpg

Door shut

Gp 1 - Reg 1 Stern.jpg

The outdoor shots have too much shadow and the background is a distraction. Of the two, the second set is preferred, though it would be better if the surface wasn't reflective.

Make sure you put the model on a perfectly flat surface. Several guys have it on a rolled up sheet or sitting all crooked on a bed, making it a nightmare to judge.

I was one of those who used a sheet...sorry...sorry...sorry. I picked up four 22"x28" poster sheets, two blue and two black from Walmart. You can probably get them at an art store as well. I cut one into quarters to photo details like cockpits, resin parts, P.E. etc.

upload_2018-5-15_20-57-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back