**** DONE: GB-40 1:72 Junkers Ju88 A-4 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought it was referring to #10 in your diagram. I got mine here, which was a number or two out.

1543165742117.png

Flyable Aircraft Guide

Last edited:
Just so we are all on the same page. The "happy face" I was talking about is shown below and is the boost gauge for the right engine.:

View attachment 519303
That's the one !

Graham - got two of that kit. One is going to become a Mistel 1, so I have a spare IP decal if you want.

I appreciate the offer but it's all glued together and barely noticeable.

Some progress pictures. Fuselage, wings and tail surfaces are all glued up. I have come across a couple of disappointing issues though not major. There are some fairly large gaps in the joints between the fuselage pieces that will need filling. All of the tail surfaces are molded in two pieces top and bottom yet, the wing tips are separate ? It's a shame they didn't make the control surfaces separate as well. I like to pose them, makes the kit look a little more dynamic. The wing tips don't fit without gaps and it's going to be a bit of a challenge to clean them up without harming the excellent surface detail. Back to my car building days, I hated using bondo and I hate having to use putty on a model as much as it's necessary sometimes. Otherwise, great kit so far , the tail wheel alone is a work of art !

Attachments

• Ju-88A-4 (25)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (25)r.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Ju-88A-4 (26)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (26)r.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Ju-88A-4 (27)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (27)r.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 70
Very nice. I wish all wing-tips were in halves allowing to be glued to their respective wing halves to minimize gaps and filler
I just don't see any reason to make them separate ? Maybe the kit designer had a quota to come up with so many parts, fitting in the box would certainly not be an issue !

Suddenly you find some sections that are divided in the kits, which apparently have no reason to be. But "the Show must continue" and what you show us so far Graham, is meritorious.
Effectively that tail wheel alone is a work of art!

Saludos :thumbup:

Good progress.
The separate wing tips are due to the main parts also being used for the Ju88A-1 version, which had a shorter span.
Most Ju88 kits are the same, in all scales.

Makes sense, be nice if they fit a bit better ! Maybe they're planning an A-1 version in 1:72 scale , the only one I see is in 1:32 scale ?

Looks like a do-over...

Yes I found a video revue on it and it's a completely new kit and has all the same detail level as the A-4 I'm doing. The C-6 I did is the very first one in the picture, the pre 1983 deal. Crappy paint job and decals ! Looks like the new kit comes with two sets of decals so I can do a re-do on this one ! If I can find the kit.

Ju-88C-6.jpg

Last edited:
Well I managed to separate the elevators from the stabilizers without lousing them up. Not sure if I'll do the rudder.
The flaps if you want to have them lowered take a bit of work to fit. The hole (A) needs to be dug deeper for the actuator. The backs of the nacelles also need to be hogged out quite a bit to get the fairings on the flaps to fold into the nacelles (B).

Ju88A-4 (28)r.jpg

Ju88A-4 (29)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back