**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flaps up or down, something to ponder on while I'm gone

IMG_0001.JPG

I think the majority of photos show the flaps up but at least Hasegawa makes the process fool-proof

IMG_0005.JPG

Many thanks. The cockpit side walls are attached and will ensure no details will be seen. As per Wayne I glued one side to the fuselage to allow for a spreader to be placed in position after the fuselage has been glued together and lessen the gaps at the wing/fuselage join. A quick test fit shows that I will need to shorten up the spreader a wee bit. Nothing done today, in PG for an airport run and shopping. No work will be done tomorrow either as I'll be back in PG tomorrow. The missus will be in the dentists chair off and on for eight hours. During today's raid I claimed victory in what only Luis could probably appreciate....Ambrosia......

1551410985237.png

....my other source dried up last year and I was getting panicky having only two bottle left

As mentioned, the cockpit will be almost invisible...

1551418890386.png

....note to self; that blue hole in the cockpit floor needs to be filled with rudder pedals. Also repair the scratch on the the joy stick

Thanks guys. Car is warming up and of course it snowed last night to add a challenge to the trip. Gotta figure out how to kill eight hours of time........

Thought about it; I have way too many tackle boxes, extra cutting mats, etc. Cut out the offending flap parts and assembled same. Rudder pedals are installed and setting up. Later I'll glue the fuselage together and begin improving the fit to the wings.

1551533061490.png

Started gluing the fuselage together...

1551537435514.png

I had a photo of some more butchery but I accidentally deleted it. While I left the wing-tip lights as is, I removed the rear fuselage solid light and will replace it with the clear part as shown in the instructions.

1551537686380.png

Were flaps normally left up or down when parked???? Dunno.
I been looking for one of them long arm clamps for ever!
How can they be That expensive? Dunno.

Nice work on the build mate!

Flaps were down 98.7% of the time Bill. Berna 3 clamps set in Oz, at the moment out of stock but way cheaper than I paid...https://gregdorrance.com/product/berna-assembler-set-hobby-clamps/

Still fiddling with the wing/fuselage fit but the square hole(1) at the top of the fuselage was getting my curiosity. Wondering why this was a separate I checked the part on the sprue and it turns out to be a window. I have found no photo showing this on any aircraft and it only shows up on one line drawing. Tamiya would have you remove this hatch(2). The photos I've seen aren't clear enough to yay or nay it but most line drawings show it there.

1551585894160.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back