**** DONE: GB-49 1/32 Fw190D-9 - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not been at the bench much this past week, but have added the front cowling. and working on undercarriage components...

Have been contemplating the choices of upper cowl...the original , the quickboost or the Eagle Editions...

The EE is out it's undersized in all directions, the Quickboost is close but still needs work front and back, both resin casts have shrinkage issues....

The kit cowl fits perfect, and slightly "over bulged appearance" but in the circumstances has the least amount of work, and looking at other finished kits, isn't really that out of place once painted, so gonna run with it.....
39_Nose section_7879.jpg
40_Nose Section_7883.jpg
41_Upper Cowling options_7896.jpg
42_EE upper cowl_7893.jpg
43_QB Upper Cowl_7892.jpg
44_kit upper Cowl_7889.jpg

Thanks Guys......the Kit upper cowl has been fitted, with the small Air scoop and 13mm machine guns drilled out and added.
The small bulges on the rear upper part of the cowl were shaped and added from some sprue (Red Arrow last pic) and the small bulges on the lower edge of the gun cowl and fuselage were removed (Red Circle)

45_Upper Cowl finished_7898.jpg
46_Upper Cowl Finished_7901.jpg
47_Upper Cowl Guns & Scoop_7899.jpg
48_Cowl Mods_7903a.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Guys.

had some interrupted days of late so not as much has happened as I would like....but I did prep, the Undercarriage parts and wheels....and attached some little extensions to the Undercarriage Covers so they can sit in and cover the wheel wells when I paint the undersides white....

50_Wheels prepped_7908.jpg
51_Undercarriage Prep_7904.jpg
52_Undercarriage Cover_7912.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back